Saturday, July 7, 2018

3 to Inspire with Ashley




Hi crafties, it is Ashley @magmagandme here today to bring you a 3-to-Inspire post.  Hopefully by now most of you  have received your July GraceBox and you've had time to check out all the goodies. So many great stickers this month, right!? AND THAT STAMP SET. SQUEAL! 
Let the fun and creativity begin.

This week's 3  prompts are:
  • #1  -  Use acrylic or puffy paint
  • #2  -  Use ephemera pieces
  • #3  -  Use more than one ink color
Here is what I have created in my Bible using these prompts:
SIDE NOTE: ( I am pretty sure there is SOOO much pink in my craft room -
 it's giving off a pink hue in all these photos! SORRY! )

Back to the prompts!

 #1 is a fun one that many people are intimidated by. The puffy paint included is a perfect way to dabble in it. Did you know that puffy paint cam be watered down a bit and acts just like a lose watercolor? You can blend it or splatter like I did. 
I also did a white acrylic smear over some of the print to help the stickers pop.


I chose a praise prayer chapter in Exodus 15 to journal in. 
The pretty pinks in this kit pair nicely with the worshipful verses. 

Next I jumped to #3 - multiple ink colors. I loved the stamp set this month (check it out). I pulled the cross bundle and found a pink and green ink that matched the ephemera to come. Make sure you wash your stamps off with a baby wipe in between colors so you don't blend them or so they don't stain the stamp.

The #2 prompt -  ephemera is almost too easy! There were so many great choices in the GraceBox. I cheated and used the cardboard stickers too. :) One of the floral frames I chose wasn't popping so I used a small, black ink pad to brush the edges. This helps define the shape. 
Can you see the difference in the next two photos?



I used a few other stickers from the kit, the black ones from June's Gracebox (just needed that bold punch) and wordfetti stickers. It's all about layering.
 Don't be afraid to use everything and the kitchen sink sometimes! 

“The Lord is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a warrior;
the Lord is his name."
Exodus 15:2,3

Now is your turn to use the prompts to inspire a project of your own.
 These prompts can be for any type of project; a card, TN page, a photo page, your Bible. Anything!
  Remember to share your creations on the Citrus Twist Kits Friends page on Facebook,
 or on social media (please tag @citrustwistkits) .   
I look forward to see how you creatively interpret the prompts in your work.
Happy creating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment