Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Neftali



Welcome to today’s Sunday’s Sketch post CTK fans! It is Neftali here today for the first time sharing some crafty inspiration with you all, and it is truly an honor. I am so excited to be here! Today’s sketch is fun and I tried my best to follow in to a T, let’s take a look.

HERE IS THE SKETCH:



So, as you can see, there are a lot of paper piecing details that stand out right away. I decided I wanted to give it a try and make my entire page exactly like the sketch. Take a look at my page:


I started off by picking out my 8 1/2x11 white card-stock and then picking out my papers and start trimming them to size little by little. I didn’t measure anything, but simply trimmed as I went.

The papers I used for the center cluster were all from the PL Kit and the top and bottom paper was from the Main Scrapbooking Kit. The colors in this month’s “Skyland” Kit are so beautiful, some  pastel and bright. I loved mixing them and their patterns.

So once I had my papers cut to size I stuck them down in place and then ran them all through my sewing machine to give them all some fun texture. One thing I will tell you, friends, is that I LOVE my sewing machine and just adding stitching around your pages gives such a special handmade feel to each page.

Once my papers were stitched through, it was time to add my photo and embellishments. I chose a photo of my feet about to meet the fresh Pacific waters. I also over exposed the photo quite a bit so that it would give more of a pastel and bright hue to match the pastel colors of the papers. I didn’t want a dark photo to take away from the pops of pastel.


Then to embellish, I used the lemon ephemera piece included in the Main Kit’s Pink fresh Studio ephemera pack. It was the perfect piece that also accurately fit the sketch’s design, woohoo!



I added a few puffy hearts and chipboard pieces in the center cluster as well to match the sketch.
Finally, I added my title, “Present, & In Awe” using another Pink Fresh ephemera pieces. This and  few splatters finished off my project!



So friends, that is a for today's Sunday Sketch. I cannot wait to see your own projects and don't forget to tag us on Instagram and share on our Facebook Group!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fresh & fun take on the sketch - love this!!!

    ReplyDelete