Sunday, May 7, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH WITH ASHLEY



Hey CTK friends! I hope you had a great iNSD yesterday and were able to join in the fun CTK challenges and pick up some of your favorite things from the sale!! I'm here today to bring you some inspiration for this week's Sunday Sketch, and it's a great one!


I wanted to use this sketch for a Traveler's Notebook layout in my Life Crafted album, so I knew I would need to make some adjustments. Since it is formatted for an 8.5x11 design, I decided it would work better for me if I rotated it.


I loved the cute pocket card from this month's Crafting Memories release, and I wanted to use it in one of the photo spots. I placed it as the center one and then chose two photos to go on each side. By using the card in the middle of my layout, that meant I didn't have to cut down the middle of one of my photos, which worked out great!




I used two of the hearts from the Crafting Memories digital ephemera to place in the photo spots on the pocket card and the Love This circle, to add some dimension to it. Then I used a few other embellishments around my photos to add some interest.


I finished the layout with some paper strips that tied into the design of the sketch, but I decided to add them at the top and bottom of the layout. I just printed out one of the Crafting Memories digital papers and cut it to 5x.75 inches. Then I machine stitched across all of the pieces.


I hope you've found some inspiration for this week's Sunday Sketch and that you'll give it a try!!




No comments:

Post a Comment