Sunday, March 12, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH WITH ASHLEY

 


It's March, and that means the first day of Spring is happing on March 20th! I know it feels like Spring in some places and still feels like Winter in others, but the Spring Dreams release can definitely help you work on your Spring projects! And, what's better to go with this release than a fun sketch to help jump start your creativity!



This Sketch is set up as a horizontal design for a 12x12 layout, but I decided to change things up to fit a Traveler's Notebook layout in my Life Crafted album.



I started out by rotating the sketch to create a vertical design. I really loved the cute word strip patterned paper that is a part of the Spring Dreams digitals, so I just used it as the full side of the left hand side of my layout. And, I had two photos I wanted to use for this layout, so I used the photo space and the journaling card space from the sketch for my photo area.



I used a couple of the other digital patterned papers to create the background layers from the Sketch. Once, I had my layered papers and photos in place, I brought in some of the embellishments from the ephemera pack.



For the title of my layout, I decided to keep it around the bottom of the photo. I used a mix of the Ginger Lower stamp set with one of the ephemera pieces to create my title. I finished off the layout with a little bit of machine stitching to add some extra texture.

I hope you've been inspired to look at this week's sketch a little bit differently. Whether you are changing it up or using it as is, just make sure you have fun with it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment