Saturday, October 8, 2022

3-to-Inspire with Patricia

 

Hello CTK Friends!  I cannot believe we are in October which means the end of the year will be here soon.  And for many of us in the community of scrapbooking, that also means documenting December.  I have a 3-to-Inspire post today using the new Jingle All the Way kit and digitals.


My 3-to-Inspire are:
  1. Use it don't save it
  2. Bring in techniques to make this album even more special
  3. Be honest in your journaling
So first of all, I have not used a red album in years, and had initially picked the 6x8 chambray album.  But as I sat to create, I was inspired to just go with the Candy Apple Red Life Crafted size.  The reason I chose this smaller size, is I know I can do flip outs, ups, and pockets.  And I like to highlight the season's events rather than do a daily.

So my first 3-to-Inspire Use it don't save it is speaking to all of us who admire our beautiful purchases, and want to wait for that perfect time to use it.  Use it now!  For me it was the chipboard numbers and the ribbon in the kit.  Since I do not do a daily, I knew I could use a combination of numbers for my year.  I didn't do an album last year because of the loss of my brother, so I used the chipboard numbers for 2021.  I finished my cover with a CTK exclusive die, sticker, and the sequins all from the kit.


Now onto the second 3-to-Inspire bring in techniques to make this album even more special.  I have purchased a few things to add some freshness, fun, and uniqueness to  create with recently.  One I used here is the Posca fine tip paint pen.  Techniques can be simple and this was...all I did was add white to the die cut pinecone for the appearance of snow.  The black lines were already there, and were my guide.

To decorate the spine, I used the Luna Nos. '2021' on the tag and used a foam sticker from the kit.


Another way I pulled in the second 3-to-Inspire bring in techniques to make this album even more special was to use vellum over my photo, use a metal die to cut out a tree shape from the center, use a circle punch to notch out the top, use a metal circle die and double sided adhesive sheet, adhere it under my notched circle, then sprinkle glitter, and add a brad through the chipboard and die cut tree from the kit paper to create an interactive element.  As soon as I saw the beautiful ribbon in the kit, I think 'hold on to it,' but I knew it would be a perfect accent to my die cut tree...I used the same metal die to cut it out.


In order to get journaling onto this page and include the interactive tree on the front, I had to adhere three sides of my photo to pattern paper about 8x5.  I used the digital journaling card on a blank document about the size of the LC page, but kept it narrow with my journaling.  


And that brings us to the third 3-to-Inspire be honest in your journaling.  I had to restart this a few times to keep the focus on what it needed to be rather than journaling about event.  So my focus was on the feelings, then what I will do about it, and how to get through the season...it really was inspired by the journaling card 'full of wonder.'


Wanted to show you how I have prepped the Jingle All the Way digital Elements to use in my album.  I printed them and cut them with my Silhouette on sticker paper.  I need to pop them all out and add them to a container.


I used one of the stickers already on the bottom of this first page.


Hope some of these ideas spark inspiration for you whether you will create your album this year or from previous years.  1.  Use it don't save it   2.  Bring in techniques to make this album even more special  and 3.  Be honest in your journaling.  Thank you for stopping by and please share what you create on instagram or in the Facebook group tagging me and CTK so we can see!




No comments:

Post a Comment