Friday, October 7, 2022

6x8 Life Crafted Inspiration with Amy



Happy Friday!  Today I am going to be sharing the first layout I have created with the new Jingle All the Way kit. There are so many elements included in this kit, and it was really fun to start playing with them!  
This layout tells the story of a Christmas table topper quilt that I am sewing for my holiday table.  I'm participating in my first "mystery quilt-along" for this project, and I wanted to document its creation in my December album.  I started by looking at the colors in my photos, which were mostly greens and reds, and then looked at the products in the Jingle All the Way kit to find coordinating elements.  I ended up choosing two 3x4 journaling cards, red and white striped mini ribbon, three Mix and Mingle foam stickers, and one of the Evergreen and Holly numbers.  That number is just a place holder for now, and is not adhered, since I'm not sure which day this will end up being in my December album. 



I wanted to add some visual texture, so I ended up sewing my 6x8 photo on a slightly larger piece of white cardstock.  It is sized to fit outside the page protector. I also cut a small piece of vellum and sewed it on the larger photo to create a pocket to hold my journal card.  I then punched a hole in the journal card and added ribbon to make it easy to take out of the pocket.  

 


Finally, I embossed the snowflakes and "Jolly" sentiment from the 3x4 stamp set onto the vellum pocket.  


I am really happy with how this layout came together.  If you try any of the ideas or techniques, I would love to see your projects!  Be sure to tag me @alphins_little_corner on Instagram!  Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment