Saturday, October 15, 2022

3-to-Inspire with NATASHA

 


It’s a little hard to believe that the holiday season is right around the corner. And with that it’s a great time to start thinking about how you would like to document the holidays. I think often paper crafters especially those who might be new to documenting the holiday season get overwhelmed with the process and what products to select. A kit, like the Jingle All the Way is such an approachable way to get a wide range of exclusive products and corresponding items to document all types of stories throughout the holiday season without the overwhelm.




A second way to minimize that holiday documenting scaries is by pre-determining a “pick 3” so today I am here to provide you with a 3-to-Inspire recipe to provide a jumping off point for your holiday documenting.


Today’s Pick 3:

  • Stars

  • Mix and Match Title

  • Black and white photo



In holiday collections in particular there is often repeated shapes or deco elements for example hearts, Christmas tree ornaments, candy canes etc. For my Life Crafted Layout, I decided to use stars and circles to be a repeated design element. By selecting one or two shapes/deco elements to focus on you can prevent decision fatigue. For the stars, I like to vary the size and color of the stars. 



Puffy stickers are always such a fun and simple way to bring dimension and balance to your layout. For my title, I went with the “merry” which was the start of my color palette- paired with the black puffy alpha it ties in the black and white stars and photo. 


I love to get candid photos of the family especially during the holidays but the photo quality can be pretty poor and the captured moment itself could have a lot going on- especially when it comes to color which can conflict with the colors in the kit. 



Converting the photo to Black and white gives some harmony to the layout all while documenting those special moments. I believe better to document the moment- even if it’s not picture perfect. To edit my photos to black and white I use the iPhone editor, no fancy photo editing program needed!


Feel free to use my 3-to-Inspire recipe, or give your own a shot. As part of your holiday documenting prep, you can even jot down these ideas and recipes down in your planner to help you achieve your documenting goals without any stress.







No comments:

Post a Comment