Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunday Sketch With Aimee

 


    Hey there Citrus Twist Kit friends! It's Aimee bringing you this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge and it's a fun one! Like usual it's highly adaptable, I chose to format it to fit into my 6x8 Spruce Life Crafted album and love the result. Let's take a look at the sketch and I'll walk you through my choices and products. 


As you can see the sketch is most likely in an 8.5x11 format which is fun but I really want to spread it across two pages. To do this I simply split the sketch in half with two photos on one side and one on the other— easy peasy and you can totally do this in a travelers notebook too! Here's a look at my take: 


I've kept things pretty similar to the sketch but I did think long and hard about flipping it vertical which would also be a stellar option! I layered up some torn vellum from my stash and papers from the Flea Market Findings Vol. 2  paper pack to house my photos then I got to work adding fun bits and pieces! 


On the left I added a blue tag and plenty of pieces from the new Retro Mini Kit  like the puffy flower, die cut piece and the, "update" sticker. I just love all the bits and pieces layered up! 



On the right side of the page I added a ton of fun chipboard stickers from the Retro Sticker sheet in leu of the flags on the sketch and decided to stick with adding the title to the top of the page. I chose to keep my title simple and used the Periwinkle Puffy Alphabet Stickers to spell out, "Oh, yeah" for my lazy day documenting.

 


I added 1 through 3 number chipboard stickers onto my three photos for a fun bit of interest as well as some black acrylic paint splatter for some contrast and whimsy. 


This sketch was pretty fun and simple to put together and I hope you give it a try— the possibilities are endless with with one! If you do recreate any of the Sunday Sketches be sure to tag #cirtustwistkkits on Instagram so we can check it out! In the mean time, happy crafting! 


Affectionately, 




No comments:

Post a Comment