Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Christmas Daily with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with a little dose of Christmas cheer for you!

One of the things I am most excited for this December, is watching my little nephew Jack enjoy his first holiday season. And I wanted to give my sister something simple and special to document it! So I put together this little base album using the Christmas Stories kit and a Life Crafted album. Literally all she'll need to do is add her photos and some stories and it will be done!


This title page went through a few different stages but in the end I kept it colourful and whimsical, just perfect for a little boy's first December. I adore those ornament stickers from Pink Paislee, I used some machine stitching to make them look like they were hanging there but you could just as easily draw some little strings on them.


I totally cheated and glued a strip of ribbon from my stash onto the page first and then used a second piece to create a perfect little bow. I didn't tie a single thing, everything is glued in place so it never comes undone!


Throughout the album, I used plain white 3x4 card stock pieces as place holders for photo. I kept the pages REALLY simple and without heavy theming because I have no idea what the photos will be about! I created my own photo corners with some of the Heidi Swapp die cut pieces and added a lot of stitching for texture and detail.


It wouldn't really be an album of mine if it didn't have sequins and if you can't at Christmas, when can you?! I created a sequin mix to coordinate with the kit, and then stitched it into a full page page protector. Added divisions stops all the sequins just sliding straight to the bottom of the page.


I kept the filler pages to a minimum but couldn't help adding a page filled with sweet treats. Stickers and die cuts made it so easy! And again, I filled the bottom portion of the divided page protector with the same sequin mix.


I love see-through elements in an album, gives you a little peek as to what is coming next. So I used one of the digital cut files that comes with the Christmas Stories kit to cut this candy cane stripe page and added a little colour with some stickers and enamel dots. I created a really simple filler card by cutting some scraps into banner shapes and layering them with craft foam. a few stickers and some stitching detail ties it into the rest of the album. 


Here's a look at the process of putting this album together plus a walk through of the finish album at the end ...



Thanks for stopping by today! Next month I'll be showing you a couple of pages from a different album. I know it's only October but I'm happy to be Christmas crafting already!


No comments:

Post a Comment