Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Christmas Daily with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with the very first look at my December Daily album for 2019! I'm so excited to share this with all of you, and I'm definitely getting revved up to start documenting the holiday season.


I knew that I wanted to keep my December Daily album very simple this year. The holiday season is so busy for all of us, and I've found that keeping my documenting simple makes me infinitely more likely to complete my album in a reasonable amount of time. That's why I was so excited to use the Christmas Stories kit and album for my 2019 DD. Having a kit to work from makes it so simple to put everything together!


Now, on to the actual album. I started with my title page, of course. I knew that I wanted it to be a full-size page outside of a pocket, and I knew that I wanted to use one of the gorgeous gold puffy Phrase Thickers. I chose Paper 8 from Pink Paislee's Together for Christmas as my background. I love the graphic nature of the black and white plaid, and I knew that I would be able to use both sides of the paper for my title and intentions page.


I added some of the adorable candy-cane stripe puffy Thickers from Heidi Swapp's Winter Wonderland collection to finish out my title and backed it with a strip of the Counting Down paper from Pebbles Merry Little Christmas collection. Then I finished off the page by adding some trims from my stash. I love how simple the page is , but that it still sets a fun tone for the rest of the album.


I also decided to create some really basic foundation pages. I used Paper 12 from Together for Christmas to number all of my days, then found coordinating papers from the kit to match each square number. I used a mix of Life Crafted Page Protectors to keep things interesting and added in a few pages outside of the pockets as well.


So far, nothing is adhered down yet, so I'll have lots of room to switch things up and move things around during December when I start adding my photos, journaling, and embellishments. I just wanted to have something in my album to give myself a starting point, and so that I didn't end up with blank-page paralysis.

I'm really happy with how my album is coming together so far, and I love how easily it was to put together using the Christmas Stories kit! The video below gives you a closer look at my process.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to start planning your holiday album, and be sure to stop by the shop to pick up a Christmas Stories kit of your very own! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment