Monday, October 21, 2019

Having Fun with the Halloween Kit




I am so excited to share the start of my October Journal with you today.  I didn't want to commit to the idea of adding to this October album daily (like I would for a December album), but I did want a spot to do some gratitude journaling and to store some fall memories.  The Halloween kit ended up being the perfect tool to bring this project together.  There are so many great little pieces in the kit to use up!
To create this journal page, I cut the bottom branding strips off of the patterned paper.  This is such a great way to get more of your patterned pages and cut small pieces without cutting straight into a 12x12 paper to get them.

I love that there were so many small pieces that were usable in the cut apart page, I love tags as they are a great way to add ribbon into an album, and my ribbon collection is embarrassingly large.

The Halloween kit has such a good selection of flat and dimensional pieces that it is easy to pull them together in a great little cluster that has some interest!  I love the little witch sticker, so I was looking for a good place to use it.
Here is the first page of the spread.

And the reverse, with my little guy displaying some attitude!  He loves reading so much that we tend to come home from school, put on PJs and break out some books.  Such a great tradition to record. Thanks for joining me today, I hope you found some inspiration here!




No comments:

Post a Comment