Monday, July 8, 2019

"Oh, No" with Emma



Hi CTK friends!  Emma on the blog today to share my first project using the gorgeous Life Craft kit. 

This month's kit is absolutely gorgeous (it's the top of my all-time-favourite-kit list for sure!) - there are so many pretty colours to work with but I have to confess that this woodgrain chipboard alpha's included in this months kit are my favourite. They are so gorgeous!  With that in mind I thought I'd create my first layout using them.

Here's a full look at the page I put together:


For my base I used one of the 6x8 pattern papers in the Life Crafted kit and added white cardstock on top (love the pattern but I thought it was just too much to used without the white to break it up!).  I added machine stitching all the way around (in black to match my pattern paper!) for extra texture and because I can't seem to not include machine stitching on my layouts.


I positioned my photo at the top and added the fun dog ephemera piece on top.  This page is about our dog, BJ, really disliking the winter weather and one of the 3x4 cards in the Life Crafted kit has a sentiment that was just perfect for my page so I cut it up (which seems so wrong I know, ha!).  I added it on top of the ephemera piece and loved the colour difference so decided to make that (the green) the contrasting colour for my page.  I went through the kit and picked a few of the coordinating green pieces to match (chipboard and enamel stickers!) and placed them at the top/bottom and sides of photo to help draw the eyes in.


I typed my journaling up on the computer and printed it on plain printer paper (used used a typewriter font) and added it underneath my photo. 

My title is the gorgeous chipboard woodgrain alpha's that feature at the bottom of my page.  I kept one of the centre pieces in for something a little different and just cut the tip of "Q" off to act as my comma!  I think they really pop against the black/white/green of the page.  Love 'em!


To finish off my page I added a couple of the pink heart shapes on top of the dog ephemera piece and and blue one to the end of my title just to match things up!



I do love how this page finished up and I can't wait to use more of the gorgeous woodgrain alpha's (I managed to get 2 packs this month because I knew I'd need them!).   What's been your favourite exclusive in this month's Life Crafted kit?  It's the woodgrain alphas, right? ;) 

Take care, Em
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment