Tuesday, July 23, 2019

More Inspiration from our July Guest Designer - LISA VARSHINE




Hello everyone!
We are so happy to welcome Lisa back to our blog for her last post as a Guest Designer.  We are sure you are going to love this project as much as her previous ones... 

______________________________________

Hi friends! I’m back with my third project as this month’s guest designer. For my last project, I wanted to complete a weekly ProjectLife spread with the gorgeous Life Crafted kit and a few extras from the add-on. I love that the kit gives you all the beautiful pieces you need to make spreads like these quick and easy, but still so pretty.






I think my jumping off point for this spread was the floral print 4x6 card I used for the title. The bright colors in the July kit are perfect for documenting our summer stories. My typical process for weekly spreads is to print my photos first (at home), then choose my cards, journaling, and finally any embellishing and stamping. I always use the same format page protector for these spreads: eight 4x6 photos or cards, and eight 3x4 photos or cards. It’s not a hard and fast rule, but I usually include half photos, half cards in each 12x12 two-page spread.




The left side of this spread starts with my dated title card. At first I was considering stamping the date on a die cut and attaching it to the card, but I love the pattern so much that I didn’t want to throw off the symmetry. I took a chance and stamped right on top of the card and was pleasantly surprised with how legible the stamping was.





I always include a lot of color on my pages and this combination of lavender and bright yellow was so great. I had fewer words from this week, mostly photos. The 3x4 banner card provided just the right amount of space for me to include a few thoughts. The repeating love card seemed to be the perfect compliment to the other colors and patterns I had going on on this page. For the bottom right card, I wanted to include a little series of photos of my son having trouble waking up from his nap. I made a simple photo strip in photoshop and attached in to the card. That ended up being one of my favorite parts of this spread. I finished the page off with a circle chipboard and a fun “yay” die-cut.




On the right, I started this spread with a trimmed piece of patterned paper from the Life Crafted kit. I fell in love with this pattern and thought the color was a great fit. To add a little visual interest, I clustered a few die-cuts pieces and finished with a bright yellow chipboard heart sticker. I was so excited that the Pinkfresh die-cut pack included another fun little speech bubble. It worked perfectly with this photo and I love being able to repeat details through the spread to add a little cohesion. I think chipboard pieces are my favorite embellishment (so hard to mess up!) And this month’s set did not disappoint. I think between my three projects, I used every piece.




This spread was so fun and quick to put together. That’s exactly what I want from my CTK kits and they always come through! The gorgeous variety really helps me to stick with one kit and never fall too far behind in my documenting. Thank you so much for having me this month. I hope you were able to find a little inspiration somewhere in these projects!




-------------------------------------------

WOW!   We have been so lucky to have Lisa join us this month.   Her projects using our July Life Crafted Kit -Best of This Life- and all add ons  have been colorful, inspiring and oh so beautiful!  THANK YOU, LISA!    Remember to follow Lisa to continue to be inspired by her innovative and beautiful work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment