Friday, July 12, 2019

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here to share another page in my nephew Jack's Life Crafted album using the July "Best of This Life" Life Crafted kit and the "Chasing Curiosities" This Is Life Stamp!


I started by grabbing a Protector #3 and a Protector #2 for my spread and then I printed my photos: a main 4x6 photo, a 3x4 photo and a smaller 2.25 inch square photo. I placed my photos in the protectors and then chose a single 3x4 card from the kit. "One Fine Day" sure did sum up these photos and the trip I took to take them. And the photo that I had already printed fit exactly in the spot designed for journalling!


Instead of adding journalling to the journalling spot in the #3 protector, I used three of the words stamps from the set and created my own patterned paper by repeat stamping them using a teal coloured ink on some scrap card.


While I had my stamps out, I also stamped three of the label stamps from that same stamp set in a yellow ink to match the colours in the journalling card. I only end up using two but it never hurts to have a spare in case of mistakes! I trimmed them out with scissors but used a single hole punch to remove the circle notch in the sides. It leaves a much neater edge than trying to fussy cut with scissors.


After adhering my labels to my photos, I added a couple of sentiment stamps and then created three clusters of enamel shapes from the LC kit. Using three clusters helps to bring your eye around the spread and make the two pages cohesive.


I could have left it there but I wanted to add a title to my page and I did that by altering one of the Subscriber Exclusive cut files, cutting it backwards on one of the patterned papers and popping it inside a Protector #1. Adding a couple of staples means it won't ever accidentally slip out of the pocket.

Here's a quick look at how this spread came together ...



I really do love how simple you can put together a fun spread in your life crafted album using all the configurations of page protectors that work with it. 

2 comments:

  1. It would be interesting to join such an aggressive and real discussion with readers of this blog as well as readers of other blogs or websites who really thing that they can express more related to this topic.kookcursus amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes is becomes very hard to take appreciation for your hard work. But sometime only few technical point makes your work worthwhile. Suggestion under this blog is quite good.opleiding medium

    ReplyDelete