Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira

Hey everyone!  It's Kira and I am back with a fun sketch for you to use today!  I love a classic grid layout so I jumped at the chance to use this sketch today.


And here's what I came up with:


I started with the "Memorable" paper from the Flourish collection.  One side is full of cut aparts, including the "xo" piece I used in the upper left corner.  Since it was already sized at 3"x3", I decided to stick with that size for the rest of my squares.  I used some of the 6x8 papers included in the pocket life kit, as well as the "Poetic" paper for the yellow square.  



I stuck very closely to the sketch.  The only part I "improvised" on was replacing the tag in the middle, for a fussy cut floral. 

 

I also added some embellishments on all of my squares (did you know I even ask the other design team members for advice when I scrap?!  Kelly helped me with the finishing touches on this one!).  


I added some stitching in a pale mint color.  And then brought in some tangled thread in the same color right under the floral piece. 


I can't wait to see how you interpret this sketch!

Until next time, 

Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment