Sunday, February 12, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH with Marci


 



Hello Friends! It is Marci here. I am so excited to post my first Sunday Sketch Challenge for Citrus Twist Kits! Here is the sketch we are working with today. 



Sketches can be followed exactly as they are drawn or they can be used just as motivation to get you started. One great thing about sketches is that they can be turned in any direction which can give the viewer a completely different design. That is what I did today with this sketch. I turned it 90 degrees. By making the sketch horizontal rather then vertical, I now have a sketch with the same proportions as a life crafted, out of the page protector layout. 



Here is my final layout. 

I started with two pieces of textured, white card stock, cut to 5in wide by 8.25in tall. I knew I wanted to document a recent walk on the beach I took with my dog. It was a gorgeous day and the pictures came out with beautiful blue colors. The peach card stock dollie in the cherish ephemera pack paired beautifully with the blues in my photos. I started with this element first by placing it at the top of the left page, similar to the circle element in the sketch. Next, I wanted my largest photo to take center stage so I placed it also on the left side under the the area that would house the title. 



That left my three smaller photos. I placed them on the right side is a zig-zag pattern similar to the sketch’s placement. 


Another key element in the sketch is a wide piece of pattern paper that goes top to bottom in the original image or side to side in the rotated sketch. I started off using the dark blue cherish digital journal card and printing it as a long strip of paper. I like the dark blue paper with my water photos. I needed another paper to add interest to my page but not distract from the photos. I decided to use a light grey ink and stamp my own patterned paper. There is an elongated hexagon on the Cherish Stamp Set that reminded me of cobblestones. I thought that would work perfect. 



After placing all the large elements on my page I filled in some of the blank spaces with the blue and peach flowers from the ephemera pack as well as some hearts and dots from the Cherish puffy word, phrase and numbers snippet sheet.. Lastly, the sketch had dotted lines drawn at the top and bottom of the sketch. They made me think of stitch lines so I added some white stitching to some embellishments on each page. I think it give the layout some added interest and texture. 








Thank you for stopping by. I hope you find this sketch as fun as I did.  Have a great Sunday being creative! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment