Friday, December 23, 2022

Life Crafted Inspiration with Shu-Wen

 


Hey everyone!

It's Shu-Wen here, sharing my last blog post for the year! In this post, I'm sharing some inspiration for my 6x8 December Daily Life Crafted Album, featuring the December 2022 "Winter Magic" Digital collection and ephemera pieces! 


Ever since I first saw the Christmas tree cut file from the "Trim the Tree" cut file set designed by Ashley Horton, I knew I wanted to back it with patterned papers to use as a feature page in my December Daily album. The weather outside has been dreadful here in Alberta, so it's been perfect for staying indoors and crafting! I find backing cut files a very "hygge" experience, it's relaxing and allows me to take some time just for myself as I sip on some hot chocolate. I backed the cut file with some papers from the "Winter Magic" Traveler's Notebook Digital Papers set, because I thought the wintery teals and greys in would be perfect to reflect the frigid temperatures we've been experiencing here towards the latter half of December. So although I was originally planning on using this as the base of a layout documenting our cold temperatures, I decided to make it into a vellum overlay instead to serve as the title page for volume 2 of my December Daily albums this year!


I had fun playing around with the placements of the patterned papers beneath the cut file, making sure to include this little blue bird within one of the tree outlines! ^_^ After I finished backing the cut file with various patterned papers, I added my title using some Black Puffy Alphabet Stickers to spell out "2022 December", and added an ephemera piece from the "Winter Magic" Die Cut Ephemera Pack for the word "Daily". I had initially tried a light mint green font for the alphabet stickers to go with the wintery greens of this collection, but ultimately went with the black font instead because it made the title stand out a bit more from the background. Then, I scattered numerous enamel dots in coordinating colors onto my vellum page, focusing most of the enamel dots towards the center of the page where I had my title. I took these enamel dots from a couple of different packs from the Citrus Twist Kits line, including the "Flea Market Findings" Enamel Dots and the "Jewel" Enamel Dots. I also made sure to include a variety of sizes of these enamel dots, evenly distributed across the page. 


Here's a final look at how my title page turned out! I'm looking forward to layering this on top of a bright wintery photo outside, that is, if it ever gets warm enough that I want to stay outside for a bit to snap a photo! XD I love the ethereal look of this cut file floating on the vellum page, and the wintery colors of this kit certainly give me winter vibes as well! 

I hope this inspires you to look at using cut files and vellum as cover pages for your albums!  If you're creating a layout inspired by this page, be sure to tag me over on Instagram @ChouxPuffCreations so that I can see what you've created, and make sure to share you layouts over on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Page as well! Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment