Sunday, December 4, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH with Ashley

 


Happy December CTK friends!! I hope you have had a great year using your CTK Kits, and today I'm here to share some inspiration with you for the Sunday Sketch! It's always nice to have a starting point for your layout, to take some of the guess work out of the design. Here's a look at today's sketch.


This sketch is in an 8.5x11 format, but the great thing about a sketch, is that it can be changed up to fit your needs. I work in the Life Crafted albums, so my pages are Traveler's Notebook size. I decided to rotate the sketch clockwise to create a vertical look for my photos and the title.


I wanted to use the Winter Magic Digital Kit for this layout, with the Hello Winter cut file that I designed for the month of December. Since the colors in the photos didn't coordinate with the Winter Magic Digital collection, I decided to turn them black & white. I love the contrast of the black & white photos with the color scheme from the kit.


For the journaling area on the sketch, I used one of the journaling cards from the Winter Magic digitals. I typed my journaling directly onto the card in Adobe Illustrator and printed it out. I wanted to give the card a tag look, so I snipped off the top two corners and punched a hole at the top, so I could add in some twine.


I really liked the idea of using the Cut File for the title area of the sketch. It was a perfect title to go along with my photos. I printed two of the patterned papers from the Winter Magic digitals and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the design. Once I had the cut file adhered to my layout, I added in some machine stitching to give it a bit of texture. 


I hope you've had a chance to pick up the new Digital Kit for this month, as well as the new cut files, and that you've found some inspiration today for using them on your projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment