Saturday, August 27, 2022

3-to-Inspire with Shu-Wen

 


Hey everyone!

It's Shu-Wen here, sharing a spread that I created in my Life Crafted Album documenting my first trip to the rodeo! This spread features some components from the Sunshine Mini Kit that was released this month, and the summery sunshiny goodness in this kit was perfect for documenting a (mostly) sunshiny day!

Here's a photo of my layout for today:
And here are the 3 prompts for this week's 3-to-Inspire!
1) Layering
2) Real-life Ephemera
3) Digital Journaling Card

I started off the left page of my spread by layering a photo that I took from the rodeo with one of the digital journaling cards from the Sunshine Digital Journal Cards set to create a bit of contrast with the rainbow starburst patterned paper that I printed out from the Sunshine Traveler's Notebook Digital Paper set. Then, I layered in some of the floral ephemera pieces from the Sunshine Die Cut Ephemera pack, making sure to pop some of them up with 3D foam tape, and added in a few puffy stickers from the Sunshine Puffy Stickers sheet for some more texture and dimension. On the top of that page, I added my title "Not My First Rodeo" using the Sunshine Puffy Alphabet stickers from the mini kit, crossing out the word "Not" with some of the thin washi tape from the Explore Mini Kit from a couple of months ago. I loved this as my title because it's a play on the commonly used phrase "Not my first rodeo", since this was actually the first rodeo I had ever gone to. 


For the insert in between my two Life Crafted Album pages, I decided to use the paper sleeve that held my plastic cutlery, provided to us with the dinner for the event, to hold some extra bits of real-life ephemera: the tickets from the event, as well as the program for the day's schedule of events. At the bottom half of the paper sleeve, I included a photo of my boyfriend enjoying some refreshments, as well as a flip-up to hold some journaling that I printed out using another one of the digital journaling cards. To serve as a handle to flip the journaling card up, I adhered one of the tab stickers from the Sunshine Chipboard Stickers sheet, making sure to overhang the bottom arrow of that tab over the edge of my photo and removing the stickiness from the back of that arrow tab with my embossing powder tool. Next, I adhered one of the Life Crafted Adhesive Strips to the back of that paper sleeve, which allowed me to put the paper sleeve into my album without having to punch holes through it! 


On the back part of that paper sleeve, I included yet another digital journaling card with more journaling on it, as well as a small photo at the very bottom. I decorated the page with the heart-sunglasses ephemera from the ephemera pack and a chipboard sticker at the very bottom. For the right page of my layout, I decided to keep things simple by letting my grid of 4 photos do most of the work; I only used two circle embellishments from the chipboard sticker sheet to finish off my page!


I hope you decide to give this 3-to-Inspire challenge a try! I especially loved incorporating my real-life ephemera into my layout as an interactive element in my album! If you'd like to create a layout featuring real-life pieces of ephemera, be sure to tag me over on Instagram @ChouxPuffCreations so that I can see what you've created, and make sure to share you layouts over on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Page as well! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment