Sunday, August 7, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH WITH ASHLEY

 

Hey friends! It's Ashley, and I'm so excited to join you for today's Sunday Sketch!! I have loved working with sketches since I started scrapbooking and I still love using them today. Here's a look at this week's sketch!


I altered the sketch just a bit to make it work in my Life Crafted album, but you can definitely still see the same design in my layout. It was so fun working with the gorgeous Sunshine Mini Kit for August!


I spread the photo area out a little bit and still used 3 photos. But, I used the extra space in between them to add my title, which I lowered just a bit from the original sketch. I used the cute rainbow burst paper from the Sunshine Traveler's Notebook digital papers for the large circle in the background. 

Making just these small adjustments to the sketch, allowed me to include my photos without having any of them down the center cut of my TN pages. I don't mind cutting through a photo when I'm creating a TN layout, but if I don't have to, that's always a huge bonus!


I wanted to use the "here for this" piece from the ephemera pack for my journaling. Since, I didn't have a lot to write about a beach day, this was the perfect size and instead of extending it fully across the page, I moved it over to the right hand side.


I finished off my layout with a couple of embellishment clusters on the top and bottom of the opposing pages, to get that same look from the sketch.

If you find yourself struggling to come up with page design ideas for your layouts, then sketches are a great way to help kick-start your creativity. And they can make your craft time a lot faster, by cutting down on the time spent focusing on putting together a design.

This week's sketch can be used for whatever type of project you are creating, so I hope you have fun with it like I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment