Saturday, July 17, 2021

3 -To- Inspire with Aimee



 Hey there, Citrus Twist friends! It's Aimee here with you today for another 3-to-inspire challenge. I am going to be using my Life Crafted album

Here are my three prompts:

1. Make a shaker pocket
2. Create a mixed alpha title
3. Create movement with your embellishments 


When  I saw the new True Life Version 2 stamp set I knew I wanted to create a title with it. I thought it would be fun to create a title by mixing different stamp sets and alphas. I chose the title, "Just Enough Time to Breathe" for this page about me taking a breather in the garden outside away from the noises going on inside the house. I paired the larger script word "just" with the more delicate and small word phrases from the set. To bring the phrase altogether I stamped out the word "breathe" with the Chloe Regular Alpha Stamp. I just love the pairing of these two fonts— script and typewriter. 


Next, I took a look at all my page protector options and decided to try something that I don't often do— make a shaker pocket. To do this I used the Citrus Twist Kits Life Crafted #3 Page Protector (4x6 pocket + Journal Spot. I reserved the top pocket for my photo and the bottom journaling spot for my shaker. I actually filled it with sequins I had collected from previous Citrus Twist Kit orders! I think the lovely peachy orange and yellow tones really pair well with this layout. 


I stapled together some rather fitting phrases from the CTK exclusive Endless Sunshine Die-Cut and Ephemera Pack and slipped them into the pocket alongside my sequins before stitching the pocket closed with my sewing machine. I layered a beautiful sun-burst patterned paper from the 6x8 Jen Hadfield Reaching Out Paper Pad behind my photo to mimic the sequins in my pocket below. Have I mentioned I absolutely love this shade of yellow?


Next, to add some movement and interest to the page I pulled out the cutest little cardstock bumble bees that came in the Endless Sunshine Die-Cut pack and arranged them around my photo as if they were in flight. I even added a little bumble bee flight trail by making dashes with my black journaling pen. I find that this really helps to draw the eye around the page.  

That's it for this weeks 3-to-inspire and I hope you follow along finding fun and creative ways to use these prompts on your next project!

Affectionately, 



No comments:

Post a Comment