Sunday, July 11, 2021

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 



Hello everyone!  

Nathalie with you today to bring you this week's sketch.   We all love sketches, it is one of the best tools when you need inspiration to build your page.   This week's sketch is so versatile, fun, and layered... let me show you




Well, did I mentioned that sketches are the inspiration for a page, well here is my page inspired by the sketch and featuring July's Add-on kit.




It looks just like the sketch with a few small (or not) changes.   Starting with the orientation.  I chose to flip my sketch 90 degrees counterclockwise, this set my title at the top left corner of the page.   




I love all the layers, but chose to replace the largest paper layer with a hand stitched background.   For this,  first,  I masked the area outside of the paper layer.   Next, I used a pencil to draw diagonal lines, and proceeded to use the Spencer Outline Stamp set to stamp the word, "EVERYDAY" repeatedly.   I used a paper piercing tool to create the stitching guide following the letter outlines, then spent a few hours hand stitching them with white thread.





I did not want to cover the entire stitched layer, so instead, I decided to follow the paper layers ( all the papers and embellishments come from the Add-on kit) in the sketch,  but place them in the bottom right quarter of the page.





My choice was to replace the small tickets, flags and banners from the sketch with  floral pieces from the add on kit ( and fussy cut from the papers).   These help to create a visual triangle on the page, and a great placement for the title.




I used ephemera and Happy Blooms puffy stickers to create the title.  Then just like in the sketch, added a few stamped sentiments from the True Life v2 stamp set, followed by my journal lines.



I love how the page turned out with the sketch as inspiration.   Remember you can find all the materials used in the CTK shop.


XO


















No comments:

Post a Comment