Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with your Sunday Sketch challenge! I adore sketches as a jumping off point for any layout. Today I decided to adapt this 12x12 sketch for a spread in my Life Crafted album.

Here is today's sketch:


And here is how my spread turned out:


Because I was scaling this sketch down from a 12x12 to my Life Crafted album, I had to shift a few things from the sketch around to fit. For instance, I moved the banner flags from in between the photos on the sketch to above my photos on my page so I could allow for slightly larger photos.


I used a combination of punches and hand trimming to create enough flags for both the top of my page and a few under my title cluster. I stuck with the yellows and blues from the Peachy Keen paper pad but also threw in some woodgrain paper and a few teal elements from the die cut pack and tiny word stickers to add a bit of interest.


Before I adhered everything down, I typed my journaling directly onto the background and then added my title in black foam alphas to tie in my black and white photos.


I also stitched down my clusters and top strips, I love the texture I get from my sewing machine but it also helps to make sure all those small elements are adhered nicely. Lastly, I added a cork sticker for a bit more texture.


Here's a look at the process this spread took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share over on the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment