Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to bring you this week's sketch challenge.   Sketches are a simple and easy way to get your pages done in a short amount of time.  A good sketch will provide a blue print for your page, the rest is up to you.  Let me show you this week's sketch:




Here is what I have created -inspired by the sketch- using a combination of the June "Sunkissed" Add-on kit, May Digital files, and our exclusive products.




My choice was to keep the center design of the layout as set on the sketch, and played around this focal cluster.




I replaced the small strip of paper on the right of the sketch  with strips of paper ( Sunkissed Add-on kit).  My choice to soften the straight edges of papers.  So, using a border die ( Pinkfresh Studio), I created the soft rounded edges.    These were set on the right edge of the layout.




I mixed papers from the Add-on kit ( Amy Tangerine - Brave and Bold collection, Maggie Holmes - Magical Garden collection ) with papers from Fancy Pants 6x8 Peachy Keep paper pad, and digital files (May 2020 release) to create the paper layers just  as shown in the sketch.




To embellish the page, I pulled ephemera from our June and April release, and decided to replace the washi tape in the sketch with tiny leaf die cuts ( Pinkfresh Studio - Curvy Leaves die set) .  The large butterfly replaces all the small ones in the original sketch!




I love how this layout turned out! Plus, it took little time to put it together using the sketch as a reference!  Remember to share with us any project created with the sketch; use #ctksketch, @citrustwistkits, #ctklifecrafted. We love to be inspired by you, too!





No comments:

Post a Comment