Thursday, June 3, 2021

MEET OUR GUEST DESIGNER: NANCY DAMIANO

 



Hello there!

Today, we are very excited to welcome our June 2021 Guest Designer.  Many of you might know her from social media, and her gorgeous projects.  She is an amazing designer with a clean and colorful aesthetic, and she loves our Life Crafted albums.  WE are so happy to welcome NANCY DAMIANO.   We cannot wait for you all to get to know her, too.




Hello! My name is Nancy Damiano and I am so happy to be a guest designer here this month. I'm married, mom to a teenage son and favorite aunt to two bonus kids. I was born and bred in New Jersey and have been a maker all of my life. I love photography, reading and memory keeping


Q&A with Nancy

 

When did you start scrapbooking/story telling? It's unbelievable, but I've been scrapbooking 20+ years ago. I've been around for all of the trends and my scrapbooks definitely reflect that. I still love the idea (and making) of words + photos.

 

What is something most people would not know about you? English is not my first language. It took me about 3 months of immersive English in Kindergarten to learn the language. I also credit Mr. Rogers and Scooby-Doo cartoons.

 

What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without? Stamps, puffy stickers and die cuts. It's hard to narrow that down though since I like to change things up story to story.

 

What do you love about our products? I love the colors and the versatility of the die cut packs. I have a big collection of Life Crafted albums and they are my favorite. The smaller size is what got me back into scrapbooking after a 2-year hiatus.

 

Finish this sentence “If you could see my scrapbooking space now . . it's pretty neat and organized. If I was in the middle of a project though, my entire desk would be covered in stuff that I pulled out.



Let's check some of Nancy's work:


Hi there Citrus Twist fans. It's so good to be here. It's Nancy, and I'm excited to be here with as a Guest Designer this month. I have been a long time fan of Citrus Twist kits and the Life Crafted albums.  Today I'm working with the new June release.

 


 

I used six different die cuts from the June ephemera pack to create this summery page. I love the colors in these butterflies and built the page around the palette. The scattered butterflies and stitching lend the page some movement. The labels are great journaling spots for lists.

 



 The right side is all story about what I'm looking forward to this summer. It's decorated a bit with aqua puffy letters from an older Citrus Twist kit. The photo is accented with a label ephemera from the June kit as well.

 



My favorite embellishments from Citrus Twist kits are the ephemera packs. I used them almost exclusively to tell this story. They're versatile and add the perfect punch of color to any layout. 





We just love what Nancy has created with our June release and cannot wait what she will share with us next.  You can always find more of Nancy's work on Instagram   You are going to love her projects.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment