Thursday, March 4, 2021

MEET OUR GUEST DESIGNER - ASHLEY HORTON


 Hi there!

We are so excited to welcome one of our Travelogue kit  Guest Designer and a good friend of CTK, Ashley Horton.   We have had the pleasure of having Ashley as part of our Creative Team, and love her style.  You are going to love what she has created.  So, here she is...



 

Q & A with Ashley

What is something most people would not know about you?

I have a strong dislike for Pop music...there are a few artists or songs that I can tolerate, but I would much rather listen to the Alternative genre.

 What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without?

Chipboard, Alpha Stickers, Ephemera

 What do you love about the TRAVELOGUE kit?

I love that the Travelogue Kit has a wide variety of vacation themes included in it...you can use it for beach themed, outdoor themed or just general travel themed projects!

 Finish this sentence “My dream destination/vacation is . . . “

My dream destination/vacation is an extended trip to Ireland and Scotland.

______________________________

Hey CTK fans!! It's Ashley, and I'm excited to be back with Citrus Twists as a Guest Designer for the months of March and April!  The CT Kits are always so much fun to work with, and I was extra excited to be working with the Travelogue Kit, since travel themed layouts are kind of my favorite!  Today, I have a layout to share with you in my Black Life Crafted album.  It was a quick and easy layout, since everything was already coordinated for me in the Kit.

 



When I am working on a smaller format project, I usually like to find ways to still bring in a lot of product from my Kits.  I thought a grid design would be a great way to do this and feature some of my favorites from the Travelogue Kit.  I started out by checking out the Digitals, so I could have some pattern paper squares for the base of my grid design.  I printed out 6 squares sized approximately to 2.5x2.5 and placed them on a 5x8 white background.  After all of the squares were in place, I machine stitched in between each one of them.


 


Next, I went through the Ephemera pack and pulled out a variety of pieces. Then, I eliminated from those to get the ones I wanted to use to embellish each square.  For dimension, I used pop dots behind a couple of the ephemera pieces.  I also brought in some of the puffy stickers andchipboard stickers.  I really love the look of mixing embellishments on my projects.  It always adds a lot of variety and dimension.

 


 

I decided that I wanted to go with a full sized photo for the right hand side of my layout.  We went out west in 2019, and had not originally planned to visit Mt. Rushmore on our trip, but made the decision to go, while we were traveling near that area.  I took A LOT of photos and thought this would be a great one to document on this layout.  I had some white space at the bottom of the photo, so I used that as my journaling area.  I just typed it in, while I had my photo open in Adobe Illustrator, so it would print right on my photo when I was ready to send it to the printer.  You could also hand write in the white space on photos or use a typewriter and then cut out the journaling strips to add in the white space.  Then to finish it all off, I added two of the ephemera pieces to my photo and one of the stars from the puffy sticker sheet.

 Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you found some inspiration for working with the Travelogue Kit!  And make sure you're on the look-out for my second post later this month on Instagram!




We love what Ashley has created with our Travelogue kit, and cannot wait to see her next project.  Remember to check more of her work on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/  

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment