Saturday, March 13, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a spread in your Life Crafted album. And remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project!

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Create a hybrid layout
  2. Use a large photo
  3. Add a mix of stickers!

I started my page by printing a bunch of the different Travelogue digital papers and cards. I wasn't sure what I was going to create at this point, so I just printed all my favourites. That way, the ones I don't use will be ready to go the next time I sit down to create!


Then I printed a full page photo for my Life Crafted album. I print these at 5 x 8.25 inches. Once I had my photo printed, I got started putting my layout together.


The first step was to create my stacked title using a die cut, a puffy sticker and a stamp. The die cut word fit exactly across the page so I made sure to position it in between the holes of the page. Then I stamped the word DRIVE underneath and layered the puffy sticker word on top of both of those. The rest of the page only involved adding a puffy sticker and stamping a sentiment in white ink.


For the facing page, I deliberated between adding my journalling to a blue card on a white background or my journaling on a white card  on a printed background. And as always, colour won out in the end. 


I choose a background the same colour pink as the puffy sticker in my title and typed my journaling onto a plain white card before using my sewing machine to stitch them together.


I embellished the page with a few chipboard sentiment stickers (sticking to those same colours of coral, teal and blue), then I stamped a few sentiments using a darker coral coloured ink. I added the final touch with some puffy sticker arrows and called the spread done.


Here's a look at the process this spread took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share over on the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment