Saturday, April 9, 2022

3-to-Inspire with Kira

 


Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with a layout using some of my favorite products from this month's Travelogue kit.  For this layout I used:

1.  Patterned paper 

2.  Puffy Stickers 

3.  Digital cut file 

And here's what I came up with:


What immediately inspired this layout was the pink and white clam patterned paper.  My youngest son received some cash for his sixth birthday recently and wanted to spend it on a "zipper snuggle".  These are stuffed animals that zip open to reveal other smaller stuffed animals inside.  My son chose a pink and white clam which obviously works perfectly with this paper.  


 

I had "auditioned" the paper in a few different areas of my layout, but eventually liked the idea of fussy cutting to really scatter the clams about the page.  I used them as little embellishments around the page and I am just obsessed that they work so well with the picture I have of my son with his clam (and sea animals). 


 

I wanted to bring in more color to the layout since my son's picture is very colorful, so I backed the photo with the floral print paper to open my options for color schemes wide open.  But what I was lacking in the layout was a large base element to pull my embellishment clusters together.  This is when I decided to cut out some monstera leaves from the Destination digital cut file.  

And to finish off my layout, I pulled in some of the puffy stickers in each embellishment cluster I created.  One of the things I love most about Citrus Twist puffy stickers, is there is always a variety of sizes for the stickers.  So I was able to pull in just a touch of fuchsia to each cluster using the tiniest of stars.  

 

Thanks for stopping by to peek at my layout!  Make sure to check out the April Travelogue kit in the Citrus Twist shop!


xo, Kira 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment