Saturday, January 30, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a spread in your Life Crafted album. And remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project!

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Document something you are currently watching/reading/doing/eating/drinking ...
  2. Use colours and patterns inspired by your current thing
  3. Add some stitching or sparkle (or both)!

I started my page by grabbing a screenshot of my current obsession from Google and printing it so it would fit on one half of my Life Crafted album spread. Then I chose a paper from the Sweet Story 6x8 pad that would: 1) coordinate with my photo and 2) allow me to stamp and journal on top of it. In the end I went with a very subtle gold, pink and white stripe.


Then I chose a card stock inspired by Bridgerton itself! I ended up going for a lovely Lavender colour, which I took over to my computer and cut to size using my Silhouette. I not only cut the pages, but also created a frame sized to fit my patterned paper behind it.


I then placed my photo and florals where I wanted them so I could work out where to stamp my title with the Currently stamp set. Then I added my journalling directly onto the patterned paper with my typewriter. I used my sewing machine to stitch the paper behind the card stock.


Then I adhered down all the florals around my photo and journaling, making sure to layer some in front and behind to create the illusion of depth. The last step was to add plenty of sparkle with some sequins and a few puffy hearts in coordinating colours!


Here's a look at the process this spread took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share over on the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment