Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Sketch Challenge with Desiree

 


Hello crafty friends!

It's Desiree and I am so happy to be creating here on the Citrus Twist blog with you today.  My first project is this lovely 8.5 x 11 sketch.



I was really excited to bring this sketch to life.  My plans were to incorporate the lovely floral ephemera from the Hearts and Such ephemera pack on a 12x12 layout.


I started this layout by layering white cardstock at an angle on my patterned paper background.  I chose the blue because I thought it with let the blue “Happy” script ephemera pop.



Next, I layered my photos using the New Starts Digital collection.  The delightful colors and patterns in the 4x8 papers were perfect to add to this layout without taking the focus away from the photo.  I embellished the layers with florals, labels, and hearts from the Hearts and Such ephemera pack. Of course, I also had to add tickets to my cluster from the Tickets and Tags ephemera pack.



In this layout, I really wanted to focus on using the Currently 4x6 stamps.  The sweet stamped sentiments really helped me to remember the mood of the photo.  Also, the stamps were a great way to add to the cluster without making the layout too heavy.  I have to admit I loved using the different fonts and shapes of the sentiments on the stamps. 




To add a little more depth to my layout, I turned down the corner and allowed hearts to peak out.  I also repeated the pattern and let hearts peek out from behind my photo.  The Heartbeats Limited Edition Wood Veneers and the Puffy Heart stickers really help me to finish off my layout.


I added my title using the Deep Turquoise and Bright Pink Puffy Alphabet stickers.  They are my new favorite.  The slim profile of the puffy alphabet stickers made them so easy to use.


The lovely embellishments from this month’s release made it really easy for my layout to come together.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Happy creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment