Sunday, January 3, 2021

Sunday Sketch | Patricia



Happy New Year CTK Friends!  I'm so excited to be back with Citrus Twist Kits and to start off with sharing my interpretation of the Sunday Sketch!


The inspiration I took from the sketch are the design of the doily at the top with the journaling and the clustering under and around photo.  I used a Sparkle & Joy cut file in place of the doily, trimmed it in half to fit at the top and backed it with the Crate Paper Marigold Paper Pad.  
 

I used vellum for my journaling in the center of it.  I just roughly traced it, added my typed journaling, and then trimmed a little more to adhere in the center.

I used the same paper pad to create my layers under my photo.  Once that was in place, I added the January die cuts, a string from the wood veneer Heartbeats Vol. 1, and January 2021 Puffy Heart Stickers, and both a Vol. 1 Heartbeats.


That left side uses a pattern paper for the background from Sparkle & Joy kit that complemented the colors of the Marigold paper pad.  It created a nice warmth and just a touch more texture.  This right side, I left the background as is, but added a cluster of the same pattern papers that I used under my photo at the top.  This was a great spot to add a bold date using both the new Narrows Alphabet and Felicity Alphabet stamps.  Keeping this side light, I just finished with the yellow alphabet/number puffy stickers for the year, the January 2021 Puffy Heart Stickers, and the Vol. 2 Heartbeats.

The sketch's design of the doily at the top with the journaling and the clustering under and around photo inspired me to only change this up a bit to make it my own.   Hope you use the sketch as a jumpstart to your next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment