Thursday, April 19, 2018

April GraceBox with Rachel


The April Grace Box was filled with lots of goodies to Bible Journal with. One of my favorite products to work with is paper pieces because there are so many variations of layouts you can create with them.  Today I’m sharing five different pages of layouts I created using the April Grace box.

For the first layout I wanted to use this “hey girl hey” ephemera (isn’t it the cutest?)  in combination with the new clear alpha’s from Illustrated Faith for the Hebrews 10:24 verse. “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works....”  this verse is reminding us that if we want to be able to finish this race we need one another to succeed. We need to encourage others and be encouraged to complete the task God has given us. God knew we would stumble and want to give up so he gave us one another to help us stand strong. So gather with your girlfriends and start stirring!


For most of these layouts I just layered paper pieces on top of each other and then added some washi and some paint splatter to the top. I left room on most of my margins for journaling space to document what I’m learning from the verses.



For this next layout I went with hexagon shapes and just built them down the margin. The clear alphas are the perfect size to add titles and key words right in the middle of the text because you can see through them and they are narrow enough to fit a lot of words in. I love them! At the top of this layout it says, “Our lives should be in harmony with the Gospel we claim to bear.”  An easy way to add to any of your grace box kits is to type up a quote, or something your pastor said at church,  or a blurb from a devotional your reading on your computer and print it out on clear sticker paper. If your handwriting isn’t your favorite it’s an easy way to add lettering to your pages. 😉


And for my last layout I used the rub ons. I am really enjoying the rub ons from American Crafts! I traveled by plane to Texas for Spring Break and wanted to bring my Bible but didn’t want to bring all the paints with me. So I grabbed the rub ons and these new Block Alpha stamps and created this page from the seat of the airplane. I love that you can achieve a painted look without any of the mess. And how gorgeous is the gold foil rub ons? Those gold fireflies are adorable!


Thanks for following along. I hope you enjoyed seeing multiple different layouts from the same kit. I pray you get time in your Bible creating and connecting with your Creator!

Till next time, Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment