Monday, April 30, 2018

Simple Traveler's Notebook techniques with Diane

There's nothing I love better than sitting down for a few quiet minutes to create a page or two in my Traveler's Notebook. And those pages don't always have to be a work of art or take hours to do.

Let me show you a few ways that I used my April Pocket Life kit to create thre simple pages in my notebook...


For this first page, I used the FOOD HAPPENS stamp set to create my own pattern on one page and then a small cluster of embellishments around my photo on the other. Adding one embellishment from the right onto the left page helps to tie the two pages together.


For my second page, I went even simpler! That cloud paper was too beautiful not to use the whole sheet, so I simply added it into my book, making sure to cut down the middle to allow the notebook to bend. I printed a large photo to go with it and then added a single journal card with washi tape on both sides. This creates a flap where you can hide your journalling underneath.


If you struggle to write straight like I do, add some lines first. I also added a tiny stamp to fill up the space at the bottom.


For my last page, I backed my photo with a journaling card and added it, along with some lovely woodgrain paper, to the right hand side of my page. Then I used the half circle stamp from the DETOURS set to stamp half and full circle across my spread. Again, this ties the two sides of the page together.

I added a couple of die cuts as my title along with some journalling and called it done!


All of these pages took me less than an hour, which in my books, is an hour well spent.

Do you have any tips for creating quick pages in your notebooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment