Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Jordan

Happy Sunday, CTK fam!  Jordan here today with your final Sunday Sketch for April and it's a fun one!  :)

For this layout I used the gorgeous Savannah Scrapbook Kit and the April Embellishment Kit.

I stayed fairly true to the sketch this time making only a few minor changes...more like additions, but nothing that changed the over all look and feel of the original.  I found the glittery enamel pack to be perfect for adding the scattered shapes to the page. 

One thing you'll see me do from time to time (that I would like to incorporate more often) is that I will hand jam my journaling as a border.  Sometimes I border the entire page with it, sometimes a photo or embellishment.  Here I didn't have a ton to say, so journaling around the photo was perfect.  I really don't like my handwriting, but for some reason, when I border something with it, it doesn't bother me like it usually does, and I really like the effect.

I especially loved the colors in the kits this month.  The mint, pink, coral combo is a favorite.  It's so fresh and bold.  Just right for spring time layouts, don't you agree? 

There were so many gorgeous embellishments this month as well.  No shortage of tags and word strips, which I almost always include multiples of on my layouts. 
I hope you enjoy this "super, uper, duper" (as my daughter says) fun sketch!  We look forward to seeing your adaptation this week.  Please share your finished layouts with us on our Facebook group and on the Gram.  Don't forget to hashtag #citrustwistkits!

Have a beautiful week and I'll see you back here soon! :)

xo, Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment