Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial with Sandy

Sometimes I find several photos that support the story I want to tell but when it comes to arranging them together on the page I hit a snag. The photos, perhaps taken at different locations or taken years apart, have colours that are just too contrasting. In this situation I find converting the photos to black and white allows me to design a more harmonious layout. In this tutorial I'll show you how to do this without having to install any fancy photo-editing software.
 
Big City Girl6

The steps are :
  1. Go to iPiccy.com. It's a free site that doesn't require any software download.
  2. You will be prompted to upload your photo

  3. Tut1

  4. Scroll down the left menu bar, click on the "Color - Black & White" option and on "Apply"
  5. Click on the "Photo Effects" star wand tab on the top.

  6. tut2

  7. Scroll down the left menu bar and click on the "Daguerreotype" option.
  8. Select the % fade and click on apply (I usually go for 85% for a soft warm look)
  9. Click on the "Save" diskette tab on the top and save your edited photo.

  10. tut4
I hope you find this photo editing tip useful for scrapping those multi-photo pages.

2 comments: