Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial Video with Melissa

Hello, Citrus Twist fans! This is Melissa here with your weekly Tuesday Tutorial, and this time around I have a process video for you showing how I made the layout below.

CTK - Happy Camper.jpg

After watching this video by Wilna Furstenburg I was inspired to try out her technique of using hot glue to adhere ribbons to a layout. I scaled down the number of ribbons I used to two (she used lots, and it was lovely!) and incorporated the look into my own style, and it definitely wasn't something I would have tried had I not seen her video first! I love the way it turned out, and you can see how I put the layout together from start to finish in the video below (if you're reading this in email or don't see the embedded player below, click here to see the video on YouTube).


In the video I also show how to use the Lawn Fawn Quinn's ABCs dies that are currently in the Citrus Twist shop. These are so fun to use with different mediums like cork, foam, or even the felt that I used on my layout this week. There's also a new Cole's ABCs die set from the same manufacturer that just recently arrived should you want a slightly more formal font.

DSC_3700.jpg

DSC_3702.jpg

DSC_3701.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by today- have a happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable layout! I am definitely going to pull my dusty ribbon out and have a little fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete