Friday, September 20, 2013

Playing With Pocket Life with Jen

Happy Friday to all! Today, I am sharing Pocket Life pages made with the September "Favorites" PL Kit, the "Big Deal" Embellishment Add-On and the "Weather Report" Stamp Add-On. For this week 31 spread, I embraced pink! A rarity for me but, the happy, summer photos begged for that lightness and the softer colors in this months kits obliged.

Jen_SeptPLspread2

The star wood veneers in this month's PL kit are simply delicious! I wanted to maximize their impact by playing up the shape so, cut a 3x4" star background out of one of the Hello Again papers using my Silhouette, then backed it with another star-like pattern. With a smattering of the veneers and some of the Dear Lizzy stickers (alphabet from a past CTK kit), I'm calling this one of my favorite homemade filler cards to date! For the photo card to it's right, I simply layered a piece cut from the "Happy Little Moments" exclusive 3x4 card on the bottom portion of my picture, added a bit of twine and another two Dear Lizzy cardstock stickers.

Jen_SeptPLDetail11
When I found out the stamp add-on this month was a weather set, I was thrilled! Weather is an every day event, after all so, I knew it would get a lot of use. On the card below I simply stamped the rain and sun stamps to an adhesive label from my stash and used a colored pencil for check marks. That watercolor chevron on the right? LOVE. Although, I'm normally a straight line journaler, I went ahead and followed those lovely zig zags this time.

Jen_SeptPLDetail12
The exclusive 3x4 cards in this month's PL kit are beautiful! The one below was an immediate favorite. I just added a piece of the people chain border from the Hello Again stickers in the Embellishment Kit, along with one of the center hearts, to symbolize our family of four.

Jen_SeptPLDetail9
For this week's date card, I used the fun chit-chat print from the 6x6 pad as a base, added one of the awesome vellum pockets from the Embellishment kit (and slipped in a card with extra journaling on the back), a snip of the subtle pink pattern and a piece of the heart border sticker from the Dear Lizzy sheet. "Hello August" was cut from vellum using my Silhouette.

Jen_SeptPLDetail7
And, here are some sketches based on these pages...enjoy!

Jen_SeptPLSketches

1 comment: