Sunday, September 1, 2013

Guessing Game #1 Sunday Sketch with our Guest Designer

Hi there ! I am so very excited to be creating along with all of you here at Citrus Twist this month! A big thank you Trina for the lovely invitation to guest!

To play along with our sketch challenge, upload your layouts to the gallery by Sept. 7th to get your name in a drawing to win a $5 GC to the store. When uploading to the gallery you can name it as you would normally but please include "Sketch 9/1".

Here is the sketch:

Guest

For this month's sketch, I decided to stay pretty true to the design of the sketch and not rotate it in any way.

  CTSEPTSuzSketch.1   CTSeptSUZSketch.2   CTSeptSuzSketch.3   CTSeptSUZSKetch.4  
I kept the location of the photos pretty much the same as the sketch but opted to add the adorable vellum photo pocket in the middle to house my journaling tidbits instead of a photo.

CTSeptSuzSketch.5   CTSeptSUZSketchfull

The journaling is lots of little things I loved about my son at the age he was in the photos. I used the Dear Lizzy 3D embellishments (hearts and star) in place of the clouds and a shipping tag (not included in the kit) behind the doily for a bit of layering. I incorporated a bit of misting in various locations as well. I think the misting kind of added to the playfulness of my layout. The most fun I had while creating this layout was adding the embellishments (Love the enamel dots and the fabulous feather!!) and stamping in an ombre pattern using a masking technique. I really loved the soft feel it added to the layout and how it repeated the layout's theme. I am looking forward to seeing how each of you interpret this sketch and look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery! Please feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below!

KITS USED: September Main and Embellishment Kit (stitched vellum pocket)

NON-KIT ITEMS USED: "Happy" flair (from my stash) Prima Chalk Ink; Tin Can, shipping tag, Staples

Have a great day! Happy scrapping!
Suz

3 comments:

  1. This sketch seems like it's tailor-made for using 4x3 Instagram photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the Basic Grey enamel dots and Amy Tan's Cut & Paste Vellum Pockets. I'm not sure, but are there also Dear Lizzy's Polka Dot Party Frames? Can't wait to get this month's kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sketch and the colors of the main kit....soft and sherbet like!

    ReplyDelete