Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Sketch with Melissa

Hello, and happy Sunday, everyone! This is Melissa here to share my take on this week's Sunday Sketch challenge with you!

Melissa

I always love Kasia's sketches, and this one would be a great chance to use an Instagram photo. I chose to print a photo from my regular camera as a square instead, and while I more or less stuck to the sketch, I did make everything a bit larger and moved the journaling up into the spot indicated for a subtitle.

CTK - Lake Hike.jpg

Everything on this layout, with the exception of the vellum sheet (I buy vellum in large, inexpensive packs at my local craft retailer) and the white shipping tag are from the September Add-On kit. I used the bold reds in the kit to play off of the red jacket I was wearing on our hike to Amphitheater Lake in Wyoming, and I filled the layout with lots of pattern because I loved the geometrics in the kit. I felt that the busy background was taking away from the photo, though, so I added the sheet of vellum underneath my photo/paper block to tone down the print just in the area around the picture.

DSC_3707.jpg

DSC_3706.jpg

DSC_3708.jpg

To play along with our sketch challenge, upload your layouts to the gallery by September 21 to be entered in a drawing to win a $5 gift certificate to the store. When uploading to the gallery, please include "Sketch 9/15" along with your layout title.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great page Melissa! I love the color combo and the mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great sketch, hope to play later this evening...♥

    ReplyDelete