Thursday, August 9, 2018

Using Cut-Outs with Ashley


Hi'ya! Ashley @magmagandme here. I am opening my August GraceBox and pulling out my Bible today. I am going to show you a simple technique that has great impact.


"So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you."
Deut. 31:6


I choose my verse in Deut. 31 because it went nicely with the stamp set in this months box. But in the end didn't end up using the stamps at all. opps! But look how cute it is....


First, I picked a background color scheme. Pink. It's almost always pink. :) Knowing that I was going to make the white layer on top, I decided to go with one color, but used different shades of it. 
A bunch of colors would be very busy and distract from the main layer. I used the .50 cent acrylic paint from Walmart. 
Brush stroked on some layers & a bit of splattering.


Then I pulled the white cut out flowers and played around with placement. One trick to making your pieces go further is cutting them in half. You can put them on the edge of the page and people are non the wiser. It stretches them and helps the page look like it was snagged out of a larger piece of work. 


 Next, I glued them down and used the white alphas from the box to write out the main point from the verse. 
I love how clean the white looks on the pink. 
I also love how it pops right off the page.
The last step was taking a white and pink gel pen and adding a few subtle details on the painted background. It adds interest and layers without being too busy. 



Not only was this verse a great reminder, I hope the process will inspire you to try a cut out layer over color! 

Happy Creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment