Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Neftali



Happy Sunday ladies, it is Neftali here today and welcome back for another Sunday Sketch! Today I am so excited to be working with the lovely mixture on Maggie Holmes products from the August “Perfectly Posh” kits to recreate this lovely sketch:


I was so excited to take on this sketch because I can see all of those layers and I knew that the Willow Lane Papers always layer so beautifully! So before I can get into the details, here is my take on this layout:


I am pretty much a gal who takes a sketch a runs with it. I don’t always go too far from the design, and this layout is a perfect example of that! I kept to the design as close as possible, including the splatters, which were my favorite. 

To get that center banner I used the silky mint trim from the Main Kit, and the pink Pom Pom trim from the Pocket life kit. I was so delighted to have these two put together. 


I decided to divide my central area into four sections just as the Sketch suggests. Each one had a few fun layers of patterned papers, and a few embellishments from the Main Kit’s thicker embelishments, the ephemera pack, and the Chipboard pieces from the Add-On Kit. 




I only used one photo, even though I had four clusters. I used a photo of my little guy which I framed using a cute black frame from the Willow Lane ephemera pack.




My favorite thing about this layout has to be all of those layers, layers,layers! 


So, have I inspired you to give this sketch a go? It’s a fun simple design, and you can get your layering skills to work.  

I really hope you try it out and share with all of us on the CTK Facebook group! Thanks for stopping by today. X



No comments:

Post a Comment