Wednesday, August 22, 2018

You are magic!

Hello crafty friends,  Melanie back here with a layout about my bestie. She's not in the picture though, but you can see this cute foldable superhero bag I always carry around in my handbag she had sewn for me last year.
This month's kits are once again so lovingly put together, everything matches perfectly and I love all the small bits and pieces that come in the kits. For this layout I wanted to use one of the frames from the Embellishment Kit, the pompom trim from the Pocket Life Kit and the tassels from the Scrapbook Kit.

I went for a clean and light layout and started by adding a frame to my picture. The black makes a nice contrast to the white background and it has the perfect size.



The 'MAGIC' matches the colors of my picture so well and so I decided to make the title 'you are magic', because she is, and went for a horizontal design. I added the journaling on a label from the cutaparts and placed one of the gorgeous golden hearts from the foam stickers underneath my picture to fill up the space. 
But before I started glueing things down, I added some black splatters using the black Pinkfresh Studio watercolor from the shop and Kira's awesome technique. She puts the color on a stamping block, adds water and sprinkles it over the page by using a brush (thanks Kira for this great trick).



To balance it all, I cut the striped paper from the Pattern Paper Play apart and put the stripes on the left-hand side of my page, added some washi and the pompom trim and went over it with my sewing machine to add a little more interest.



I also placed the adorable embroidery embellishment on the bottom left using foam adhesive for more dimension. But before I glued it down I added one of the tassels just for a little something. I attached the other two to the frame using some white thread.





To bring in more of the gold, I added some stars to my cluster and finished off the layout by doing some stamping, I used the stamps that come in the Scrapbook Kit.




For more inspiration join us in our Facebook Group or head over to our Instagram  and don't forget to tag us when you share what you made with your kits so we can see your creations.

Happy crafting,
Melanie 







No comments:

Post a Comment