Friday, August 17, 2018

Pocket Life Challenge with Adele


Hello scrappy peeps!

Today I have a little PL challenge for you all! When I was flipping through my 2017 album to see what pages I had left to finish, I found this 9x12 pocket page opposite a completed layout which was monochromatic blue tones...which inspired me to also try and use a monochromatic (one colour) scheme on my PL page. I have done this technique several times on layouts, but never on a PL spread before.


First I sorted through the embellies within this month's PL Kit and found all those with a blue or neutral tone.


I chose my PL cards and also matted a larger photo using some of the sweet 6x8" papers included in the kit.

I dived into my stash and used some blue alphas from a CT PL Kit earlier this year to continue my monochromatic theme. 


Finally, I added a touch of journaling here and there, and I was all finished!! This was a great way to dive into my new kit with a fresh look - I often get a little overwhelmed and want to add ALLLLL the things on the first page hehe! With a strict colour scheme I was forced to make clear choices about what I wanted to use and where.


I have also create a process video of this page - hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment