Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie



Hello everyone!
Nathalie with you today bringing you this week's Sunday Sketch.    It is a fun and simple sketch, so i decide to work the beautiful "Perfectly Posh" kits  into a few projects using the  sketch as inspiration.  But  first let me show you the sketch:





For my first project, I stayed true to the sketch, and decided to combine the "Perfectly Posh" Scrapbook kit, "Living the Life" add-on kit and the "So Very You" Traveler's Notebook Stamp set to create a 12x12 layout about my babies.





My choice was to limit the color palette for this page, and then used papers from the "Perfectly Posh" kit that contain teal/mint to create the background and layers behind the picture.





I added a bit of teal art crayon ( Vicki Boutin) just to make sure the picture pops from the page.  Then used pieces from the Living the Life add-on kit and the Perfectly Posh Scrapbook kit to embellish the clusters around the layout.






The idea for the color of the page came from the ribbon that is included in the "Perfectly Posh" scrapbook kit, so I used some machine stitching to create a ruffle look to it on the page.




To finish the page, I brought in the Maggie Holmes Chipboard sticker included in the "Living the Life" Add-on kit to create the title, and combine a stamped sentiment from the Traveler's Notebook "So Very  You" stamp set.  Love how this turned out, and how easy it came together by following the sketch .   However with so much goodies in my box, i decided to use the sketch one  more time to create a TN page:





For this layout, I chose to flip the sketch 90 degrees, and pulled all the color from the "Living the Life" Add on kit, to create a TN layout about my stalking baby.




Once again, I stayed true to the sketch, and added a few layers of papers from the "Living The Life" Add on kit behind the picture.  To embellish the picture, i used some of the elements from the cut-apart sheet, and die cuts included in the add-on kit.





To create the title of this page, I used the Traveler's Notebook Stamp, "So Very You" to mix the sentences together, and create  a large title.   To finish, I pulled some of the enamel dots from the "Perfectly Posh" Scrapbook kit to bring a bit of color to the page.  Love how fun this turned out.





Now it is your turn to put your own spin on this week's sketch.   Remember to  share your creations on the Citrus Twist Kits Fan page on Facebook, and please tag Citrus Twist Kits (@citrustwistkits #citrustwistkits) when ever you share your creations on social media,  we would love to see what you create.

As always let me know if you have questions on how this turned out!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment