Saturday, March 5, 2022

3-TO-INSPIRE with NATASHA

 


Hello CTK friends, 

I’m here today with a fun journaling process using the brand new Back-to-Basics collection for today’s 3-TO-INSPIRE challenge. It’s safe to say that I am absolutely obsessed with this new mini kit. I think that this is a fantastic collection no matter what type of paper crafter you are and it works so well with so many other CTK Exclusives. The three items I am highlighting today in my morning creative meditation journal are:




To begin I used the hearts from the ephemera data pack to create a highlighted accent for my numbers for the days of the week. I selected hearts with different colors and sizes and staggered them throughout the layout. I paired the hearts with the newly re-released Bailly Alpha Stamp set which is a total must for all planner girls and creative journalers. As you can see I also used the same stamp to create a fun header to highlight February and March with a repeated stamp pattern. It's a simple detail but adds to making it my own.




When setting up my journaling for the week, I always want to think of creative spots I can add my journaling to keep it interesting. I like to have a balance of the plain white space of the page to add in my journaling along with structured elements like I have here using two different digital journal cards that are part of the Back to Basics digital cards. I also included some whimsical elements to add my journaling to with some hand drawn boxes as well as some pops of color using Distress Oxides and Mildliners for more featured journaling.





Lastly but probably my most favorite part of my morning meditation journal outside of the mindfulness practice is having the permission to have some creative play like I have created with the clusters using florals and word strips from the date cut pack and strips of the trimmed down digital journal cards.





I highly recommend if you’re looking to start a daily journaling or meditation practice to do some pre-work upfront to encourage you to return to the layout to add in your journaling for the day. This especially helpful if your time is limited in the mornings, doing some work upfront can really help in developing this habit that is so good for you and your mental health and great chance for that creative play with Citrus Twist's beautiful products.


If you decide to try any of these pointers in your creative journal or planner, be sure to head on over to the Citrus Twist Facebook group to share your project. We would love to see what you create! And of course, don't forget to swing by the shop to see all of what this release has to offer!


Thanks so much for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment