Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie here with this week's Sketch Challenge.   I think we all love having sketches as a blueprint to a new project.  A sketch is a great way to kickstart your project, and complete a page in a nice and quick way.  This week's sketch is a nice and versatile one, let me show you what we are working with...



I love the simplicity of the sketch, all the layers and the double picture design.  I used my Add-on kit to create this page:


I kept the skeleton of the page intact with a few minor adjustments.  First, I decided to use the HOME LIFE cut file to create the background of the page.  I simply welded a few of the honeycomb designs into a large jagged edge design.  I cut this from white cardstock and attached it to the page with a bit of foam adhesive to create the soft shadow in the page.




My choice was to shrink the layers of the papers and pictures to fit inside of the page, instead of fitting the entire width of the page.  The patterned paper designs in this month's add on kit made it easy to build all the layers and make the pictures pop ( the blue shades in the papers make the blue jacket shine!)



I chose to move the locations of the clusters and title so that they fit the images better.  The large chipboard alpha is a fast way to create my title on all the negative space of the picture.  I tied all the clusters together with some of the floral ephemera.  


I kept the top part of the layout as in the sketch, but decided to add one of the PFS Cardstock stickers  with a bit of dimension behind it.  In addition, I replaced the ink drops with some of the chipboard hearts from the add-on kit.



I hope this has inspired you to use this week's sketch to kick start your creativity.  Remember to share your projects with us.  We love to see what you create with our sketches, kits and products.


XO



No comments:

Post a Comment