Friday, November 27, 2020

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with a really quick spread in my Life Crafted album.


This simple spread is 100% inspired by those AMAZING yellow foam alphas that are available in the Citrus Twist shop. They matched my sweatshirt colour perfectly and were the jumping off point for the whole colour scheme of this spread.


I chose that pretty lemon patterned paper from the Life Crafted kit and then built from there, grabbing all the papers and cards that I have left (and it isn't many because I have REALLY gone through my kit this month!) that were either yellow or teal.


Then I grabbed a couple of base pages (I keep a bunch of 5 x 8.25, already punched, white card pages in my album that I can grab and create with when the mood strikes me) and started adding strips of patterned papers. I was trying to find a balance of colours and visual weight across both pages of my spread.


Once I had them in the right order, I added a little adhesive and then stitched around each and every strip with my sewing machine. It took some time but I love the texture it added. Once I trimmed off all the little threads, I re-punched the holes and distressed with edges of the lemon strips to give them a little definition.


I added my photo and ran my journalling card through my typewriter, purposefully leaving off the last words so that I could add it as my title with THOSE alphas! The final step was to add a bunch of puffy hearts and enamel dots, in teal and yellow of course, creating a really strong diagonal line through the spread.


Here's a look at the process this layout took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to share your Life Crafted pages in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page! We'd all love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment