Friday, November 20, 2020

OUR GUEST DESIGNER: ASHLEY RODGERS

 


Hello! Today I have an art journal style spread to share using the November Legendary Life Crafted kit and stamp sets.

 


I enjoy listening to Christian music while I create, and one of my favorite songs right now is “Start Right Here” by Casting Crowns. This song is so incredible and has a beautiful message. I was inspired to create a page based on the lyrics.

 


First, I smooshed some watercolors on the page to create a dreamy background. Then I used a pencil to write some of the lyrics while I listened to the song.




Next, I typed out some more lyrics and added them on top of my writing.

 


 I stamped some hearts from the November 2020 This is Life Legends stamp set. Then, I embellished the page with a few of the criss-crossed bandages from the die-cut ephemera pack. Using a little foam tape to pop them up adds more dimension to the page.

 


Some inky splatters add a nice bold contrast to the soft, watercolor background.

 


 On the right side, I stamped a couple sentiments from the November 2020 Traveler’s Notebook stamp set and added more song lyrics to finish the page.

 

Thanks so much for having me this month! I’ve had a wonderful time here, and I appreciate the whole Citrus Twist team. I look forward to playing more with all of their amazing products and telling even more stories. As always, happy creating, everyone!



 

We are so thankful to Ashley for sharing some of her talent with us.  Remember to check her IG feed at https://www.instagram.com/sweetashleyann/  for more inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment