Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday Sketch Challenge with Angela

 


Hello friends!

It's Angela here on the blog today for this week Sunday Sketch Challenge. Sketches are always a good starting point for creating a new project.you can use as it is or just get ideas to use in your way and personal style. This is the sketch I worked with:



I loved so much the clean look of the design that I almost exactly replicate the sketch. Here is my page:


 

 

I kept the layout in A4 format, i.e. 8 x11 inch and I started with creating the layers of papers underneath the photo. These papers I am using are all from November Life Crafted Legendary Kit.




Before glueing down the layers, I added a touch of color to the white card-stock of the base. I used the packaging technique with watercolors, simply smudging the watery pigment onto the paper using a piece of acetate. The colors I used are yellow and aqua, to emphasize the colors of the layered papers.



Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Nov22_04


Unlike the sketch, I went for the hidden journaling. I wrote it on a circle tag that I placed beneath the journaling card 'New Normal' and the papers. 
The Yellow label is from the label cut apart sheet of the kit. On it, I stamped a fun phrase from November 2020 Traveler's Notebook Stamp, that I adore. Then, I added a few other phrases around the photo: the banner with the words 'My Favorite' on top and the Vellum Tape Sticker 'Hello Saturday, I Love You' at the bottom. These two are both exclusives from Legendary kit 



Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Nov22_05


I love big titles so I replicated the stitched title in the middle of the page, except for the word. I used Legendary, because this is what my friends are!



Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Nov22_06


I also added strips of papers to the top of the page together with a stitching line, exactly like the sketch. I used the same papers of the layering, so to have the same colors repeated and voilà the page!


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Nov22_07


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you like the page and hopefully will inspire you to create and partecipate to the challenge.
Love, NG




Angela Tombari



No comments:

Post a Comment