Monday, November 9, 2020

Sparkle & Joy with Ashley Horton

 

Hey there, friends!!  It's Ashley, and I'm back today to share a few more pages with you, in my December album, using the Sparkle & Joy Kit!  I've had so much fun documenting a trip we took in December 2018 to Helen, Georgia!  If you've missed any of the pages in my album, you can find my first Blog post here and see my other pages on the Citrus Twist Instagram feed.


For these pages, I had to use the back side of one of the 2x2 page protectors and thought it would be fun to fill it with a photo instead of embellishments.  I sized my photo to 4x6 and once I had it printed, cut it into 2x2 squares to fit in the page protector.  I did add some embellishments to fill in the two spaces at the top.  I like that they add something a little different to the page.

On the right hand side, I printed a full sized photo and slipped it one of the 4x8 page protectors.  Since I used page protectors for both of these pages, I decided to place some of my embellishments outside of the page protectors.  I like being able to layer them directly on my photos or on the outside!



On these next two pages, I cut one of the patterned papers from the Sparkle & Joy Kit to place in the page protector.  I didn't want to use another full sized photo, and I thought the patterned paper would create a fun background for my journaling card.  I taped the journaling card to a piece of 8.5x11 copy paper with washi tape and then ran it through my typewriter.  I finished off the left hand side of the page with one of the tab stickers and the cute little deer from the ephemera pack.

I wanted to use some of the Sparkle & Joy Digitals on the right hand side of the page.  I printed three of them on matte photo paper and trimmed them out.  Then I sized my photo to the same dimensions and printed it out in black and white.  Once I had all of them cut out, I arranged them on a white background in a grid pattern.  Then, I thought it would be fun to create a little shaker pocket with the FaLaLa Digital tag.  I sewed the bottom and one side closed, using a piece of vellum.  Then I placed my "confetti" on the inside and stitched the remaining sides closed.



My last layout, focuses on a favorite photo of the kids, that was taken on the trip.  I had them pose in front of one of the huge Christmas trees that were in the town.  I wanted to go big with this one, so I spread it across both pages in my album.  I used two different patterned papers from the Kit as the base of my layout.  I didn't want to cut anybody in half or down the middle of anyone's face on my photo, so I sized it first in Adobe Illustrator to make sure it would fit the page without doing either one of those.  Once I had the correct size, I placed it to the far right and then cut off the left hand side of the photo and lined it up on the opposite page.

I also loved the placement of the photo this way, because it left room for me to add my title on the left.  I used one of the words from the Gold Puffy Sticker sheet, placed vertically next to my photo.  Since I wanted the photo to be the focal point of this page, I kept my embellishments very simple.  I added two embellishment clusters at the top and bottom of the photo on the right hand side.  This placement also worked to create a visual triangle with the clusters and title.

I hope you are having a blast creating with your Sparkle & Joy Kit!!  I know I am!!  Make sure you keep an eye out on Instagram for a couple of other projects I'll be sharing between now and December.  And, don't forget to check out the fun digitals that coordinate with the Kit!




No comments:

Post a Comment